Thursday, August 16, 2012

recent reads

via

I love to read. I've loved to read since I was a little girl and I'm so glad that's stuck with me. With my long commutes to classes I've been able to read a lot since I got here, and a perfect afternoon for me is sitting on a terraza with a great book and a cafe con leche. I've read some good and some bad books since I've been here, but here are two of my recent favs!

My Name is Memory
This book is about a guy who has the ability to remember all of his past lives and spends years and years looking for a girl he fell in love with in his first life. They cross paths a few times in different lives, and in the present he finally tells her about their past together and fights to be with her. I read this book so fast, I couldn't put it down!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
This book was AMAZING! I really really liked it. It's written entirely in the form of letters from different characters to each other. It's a story about the relationship that develops between a writer in London and a group of people who live on the island of Guernsey during the German occupation in WWII. It's so well written and the characters are perfectly developed.

Any suggestions for other good books?

2 comments:

Cara said...

Gone Girl. MOST AMAZING BOOK EVER. I can't put it down.

Nicole Marie said...

I'm reading The Language of Flowers and literally can;t out it down. i actually look forward to my hour commute