Thursday, August 23, 2012

Menorca

I got back to Madrid late last night and all day I've been dreaming about the beach. Menorca was absolutely beautiful and I spent about 95% of my time in a bathing suit by the ocean. I will say this, the island was not what I was expecting. Of course I did my research and I knew that it was more underdeveloped, but I just thought that meant it'd be more natural. What it really meant was that it's not so easy to get around the island. And the beaches are small and far apart. From my hotel there were two beaches I could walk to, one was about 15 minutes away (and was not the nicest) and the other was about 40 minutes (but worth the walk). The bus system on the island was good, but the bus only came once an hour to the closest stop to me. The best way to do a trip to Menorca is to rent a car, but that was not an option for me. As for where I stayed... I knew I'd be walking everywhere so I wanted to stay as close to the beach as possible. When I booked my plane ticket another page with hotel info popped up and I found this really amazing deal for an all-inclusive hotel that was only 15 minutes from a beach. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, unlimited drinks, and my own room (which was very important to me) and it would only cost me about 70 euros a day! That's a steal considering to eat out I would have spent at least 10-20 euros a meal, and for a private room in a hostel, I'd be paying around 50 euros a day. The downfall of the hotel was that it very clearly catered to British families. The food was nothing to write home about and there was cheesy entertainment every night, not to mention there were children running around everywhere. I didn't spend much time at the hotel though, just to eat and sleep. In the end it was an amazing trip, and looking back on everything I wouldn't change any of it. I relaxed and slept and read and came home with a fabulous tan! I've got tons of photos to go through, so here's a few iPhone snaps for the time being.





2 comments:

Cara said...

I am seriously still so jealous that you went on vacation by yourself. It looks gorgeous! More pictures...

beth.vangoethem said...

That looks AMAZING!! Soooo pretty! and JEALOUS!

ps - you are tan and hott