Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Baring it all in Menorca

I'm back! Again! And Lisbon was AMAZING. Seriously, my new favorite city. But before I get to that I want to finish sharing my trip to Menorca. The beaches were incredible. Totally natural and pristine, and difficult to get to at times, but completely worth it. One thing I've really noticed living here in Spain is that everyone has such perfect, uniform tans and I completely know why now. Every beach is a topless beach in Spain and most the kids just run around butt-naked. I'm not sure about the totally naked thing, sand could really get in some bad places, but I could get down with the topless thing. Save some money since you only have to buy swimsuit bottoms, less tan lines, no need to worry about a nip slip. In the States I feel like everyone would stare at every single topless person, but in Spain it doesn't phase anyone, it's like they don't even notice. Unfortunately my photography skills are not the best yet, so I wasn't able to truly capture the beauty of the beaches. The water was so clear and this incredible turquoise color. I'm still dreaming about it. For some better pictures google Cala Mitjana (this one is where lots of people cliff dive) and Cala Binibeca. Those are 2 of the beaches I went to.

view from my room



punta prima




cala binibeca

my private beach





the downside of traveling alone... trying to take pictures of yourself






2 comments:

Cara said...

So pretty!! Did you go topless? I would have.

Taryn said...

Hahah you were talking about all the topless-ness then said "Unfortunately my photography skills are not the best yet..." hahaha I thought you were going creeper status for a second!! Suuuuuuch pretty pics, yeah I wanna know too! Didja really BARE IT ALL!?