Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The longest 24 hours of my life...

...aren't even over yet. I'm sitting in the Dublin airport right now writing this, and I have to say, I'm pretty delirious. My body thinks it's about 3am but in reality it's almost 10am. I flew out of Chicago at 7:30pm last night and I figured I'd have no problem falling asleep on the plane so that when I landed in Dublin it'd be like I'd gotten a 7 hour night's sleep. Unfortunately I only slept about an hour. The flight was good though, I watched "Crazy Stupid Love" and the girl next to me got drunk. She ordered 3 mini bottles of wine and drank them all in about a 3 hour period. Then she drank a cup of coffee and a cup of tea so I'm sure she's feeling a little weird right now. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to leave the airport and see a bit of Dublin. I probably would have had time, but I made a last minute decision to stuff my coat in my checked suitcase, so I'd freeze if I went outside. I've got about 6 hours to kill and then I'm off to Madrid! Tonight's adventure will consist of me trying to navigate my way to the hostel (along with all my luggage... I'm a little worried). I was in too much of rush yesterday morning to have someone take a picture of me with all my stuff so here's a little treat for you all from my younger traveling days :) Adventure has always been in my blood.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Aaaaahahaha that picture is priceless :) i love you. Good luck tonight getting to the hostel, although I'm sure you won't need luck since you learned so much Spanish with Victor... :) :) :)

beth.vangoethem said...

I'm so excited for you! Love you (almost as much as that picture, ha!)