Thursday, January 5, 2012

Home for the (post) Holidays

Last Wednesday the boy and I left Sacramento for a 1200 mile journey to Billings with half my life stuffed into the Rodeo. I'm not really sure how we got so lucky, but the weather was great and we made it home safely and with no issues. I am ashamed by how much stuff I own.


Sadly there's no snow on the ground here and the 50 degree weather isn't very Christmas-y, but my grandmother made sure the inside of our house was as festive as possible. The last few days home have been spent stuffing my face with all the delicious grandmother prepared treats and trying to figure out how to pack the next year of my life into one manageable suitcase. If anyone has any packing tips (besides rolling my clothes and stuffing socks into shoes), I'd love to hear them!


*this basket was woven by my great-great-great grandfather*



a FOUR LAYER peppermint cake. it might be the death of me