Wednesday, September 19, 2012

happy birthday(s)!

This is a busy week in my family. We have two birthdays and an anniversary. G-ma's birthday was on Monday, G-Pa's birthday is on Sunday, and their anniversary is conveniently in the middle, today! I feel so so so lucky and blessed that I have the both of them. I have a lot of friends who never had the chance to get to know their grandparents, and I honestly can't even imagine what my life would have been like without having such an amazing relationship with them growing up (and now!). They have always been supportive of everything I've done, even if it meant moving far away from them, which it almost always did. When I was in college my grandma sent me the most amazing care packages EVER. I'm talking a big box, with tins of homemade cookies, magazines, Costco sized containers of trail mix, nail polish and other goodies from the spa, household decorations and really anything you can imagine anyone ever putting in a care package. My sweet grandpa drove a uhaul from Colorado to California one December to help me move, taught me to drive, tried to teach me how to golf, and is always there to help me with anything whether it's a question about taxes or insurance or sports. I'd like to think that I've inherited the best things from both of them. My grandma's warmness and hospitality, love of life, and contagious laugh, and my grandpa's level headedness, work ethic, and values. 

charleston, sc november 2009

csu graduation june 2009
christmas 2008
christmas 2008


And let's talk about that anniversary. 61 freaking years! I sincerely hope I can find someone that will put up with me for 61 years. I wish I was at home celebrating with them this week, but thankfully I was able to teach them how to use Skype before I moved to Madrid. Love you both!!

No comments: