Tuesday, September 25, 2012

gin y tonica


In college my mixed drink of choice was vodka soda. And after college if I ever drank mixed drinks, it was also a vodka soda. I tried gin a few times and never liked it, thought it tasted like a pine tree, yada yada. Here in Spain I think it's safe to say that gin and tonic is one of the most, if not the most, popular mixed drink. Gin and tonic bars are very trendy here, and have insanely large selections of different gins and tonic waters. One of my favorite bars here is a little place called Barbaroi. It's a small gin and tonic bar in Malasaña that I have spent many, many nights at. The owner and the bartender are so nice, and they make the most incredible drinks! I honestly never knew gin and tonic could be so good, and on a hot summer day it's the perfect drink to cool off with. If you are ever in Madrid, I highly recommend this place! But maybe not if you're looking to improve your Spanish... it's a popular hangout for the expat crowd.






2 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

i still think its funny the shape and hugeness of the gin and tonic glasses

Emily Meyers said...

Hey Jessica! I just found your cute blog and added myself to your followers! I’d love to have you stop by and say hi:) I’ll leave a link below to a giveaway on my blog in case you’re interested!

Hope you stop by for a visit, and thanks so much lovely!
Xo, Emily

Freckled Fox - Giveaway