Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy (belated) Easter!

how cute are these?!

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. The weather is usually nice, the food is good, and it's a great excuse to get together with family and friends. This year was a little different, obviously, since I'm miles away from family and friends, but I still found ways to make it familiar. Being in Spain for Easter was pretty amazing too though, because I got to experience Semana Santa (Holy Week). Like I mentioned earlier, everyone in Spain was on holidays starting last Wednesday or Thursday. Last Thursday night I went and watched one of the processions, but since there were so many people out watching I didn't really see anything. This link actually goes into more detail of how it was celebrated in Madrid and also has some pictures.

One of my favorite Easter foods is deviled eggs, and I really look forward to having them every year. This year, one of my American friends and I made 2 batches for ourselves all of our non-American friends, and they were a pretty big hit! Today I tried to explain deviled eggs to my English classes and that was a bit of a disaster. Since "deviled eggs" doesn't translate into anything that makes sense it took a while to explain.

delish
To make them we just mixed the yolks with Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and garnished with paprika! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I loveeeeee deviled eggs. Its kind of gross because you eat about 12 of them and then you think "oh wow that was half a dozen eggs"