Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm Baaaack!

I know you've all been anxiously awaiting my return, and here I am! I got back to Madrid yesterday afternoon and have been trying to get caught up on things. My mini-vacay wasn't much of a vacay, as we were pretty busy the whole time, but it was really nice to get out of Madrid and see some more of Europe. We spent 3 days in Barcelona, 2 days in Paris, and 3 days in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam was definitely my favorite place. The canals and the buildings are all so beautiful, and I can only imagine how amazing it is in the spring/summer. I will say, the weather was not my favorite. It rained allll day our last day which was a huge bummer, but we tried to make the most of it.

Barcelona was also nice. I've heard nothing but amazing things about Barcelona, but I have to say, I prefer Madrid as far a place to live. Barcelona obviously has the beach, which Madrid can't compete with, but overall I'm very very happy that I picked Madrid as my home-base in Spain.

And then there's Paris... It really was as magical as I thought it'd be despite the not so pleasant weather. The Eiffel Tower really was beautiful and sitting on a side-walk patio drinking French wine was perfection. I definitely want to make it back to Paris when the weather is nicer.

I'll do some more detailed posts about each place, but here is a sneak peek!

Barcelona:

La Sagrada Família

view from Parc Güell

la playa

the market (much more to come on this!)

Paris:

view from Notre Dame 
the Seine

<3

amazing bordeaux

Amsterdam:

real beer!! 
eating a (delicious) stroopwafle

canals

cute little Dutch buildings

Like I said, I'll do more detailed posts on each place but I wanted to share a few snapshots :)

This weekend a friend from London is coming to town for a Pueblo Ingles reunion so I've got a weekend full of eating, drinking and enjoying the sun!! It's supposed to be in the 70s alllll week!

Besos!

No comments: