Thursday, March 22, 2012

Barcelona - Day 3

This is more of a wrap-up, not really all the things I did on day 3. My favorite thing about Barcelona was the market (surprise surprise). It's similar to the one I love in Madrid, but bigger. And possibly better. It's huge and also has more tapas counters and little restaurants.






We ate the most amazing food...

marinated anchovies

mussels

the best squid i've ever eaten

We also went on a walking tour of the old part of the city, and I highly highly recommend it. It's great to have a guide book and have the freedom of seeing things on your own schedule, but our tour guide was really funny and energetic and knew so much history about the city.







Overall, Barcelona was alright. I've heard from everyone else that it's amazing, and I think I may have had a different opinion because we weren't staying in the center and we didn't experience the nightlife. But, the beach was amazing and I could shop at the market every day. I did soak up every second of the sun because I knew our next two destinations would be freezing.

Up next - Paris!!

1 comment:

Cara said...

ahh that food looks so good! how is the new living situation? miss you!