Thursday, March 29, 2012

The City of Lights continued...

love bridge


the Louvre


park

After leaving Notre Dame we strolled down to the Louvre (we didn't go in, just saw the outside) and then continued down through the park. We walked across the "love bridge" where hundreds of people have locked up their love and threw the key into the Seine. I know a lot of cities have bridges like this, but I just love them. After the park, the sun was beginning to go down and we had an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower just as it was beginning to be lit up.






In my opinion, it really is worth the hype. At night when the tower is all lit up it's beautiful.

We didn't get to go over to Montmarte, so I definitely want to go back to Paris and spend a few more days there. Our time was just so limited, but nonetheless, I feel so thankful that I got to be there at all. We left Paris at about 6pm at night on a high-speed train bound for Amsterdam! More to come...

1 comment:

Cara said...

Ahhh so jealous!!! Did you eat a whole baguette and brie? I sure would have.