Thursday, March 15, 2012

Barcelona - Day 1

I'm sorry I'm just now getting around to posting about my recent trip, it's been a hectic (and exciting) week! But more on that later. The first day in Barcelona was spent hitting up the big tourist attractions; La Sagrada Família and Parc Güell.


La Sagrada Família: it was really incredible. It was designed by Gaudí and died before the church was even a quarter complete. Since then construction has continued and it's expected to be completed in 2026. What I found most interesting in the difference in style from the front view and back. The front is much more modern looking and the stone doesn't show the wear and tear of the elements, while the back is much older looking. The inside is beautiful though. Tons of stained glass and the ceiling is amazing. We even got to go up in one of the spires for a panoramic view of Barcelona.














Parc Güell: another work of Gaudí. It was much bigger than I expected and to me is more of a nature area with lots of dirt paths and hills. The view was incredible though. 










Overall it was a great first day!

No comments: