Wednesday, January 16, 2013

word.


After one year here I'd hoped my Spanish would have progressed more than it has, but alas, working as an English teacher has made it more difficult than I'd imagined. I know I've learned a lot really quickly but I was hoping it'd be easier! The other day one of my roommates told me I'd really improved since I've lived here, so that was great to hear! I've been reading more in Spanish too and watching movies which is helping so much. Here are some of the new words/phrases I've learned lately, mostly from my 9 year old students. 



new words/phrases

1- agujetas = sore muscles. Tengo agujetas
2- tiquismiquis = picky or fussy, usually used for someone who is a picky eater (according to my roommates)
3- hostia = a not very nice way to say darn, but I'm not sure how offensive it really is because my 9 year old students say it all the time...
4- vergüenza = sense or shame or embarrassment 
5- garrapata = tick, can be used when someone won't leave your side or give you space.

No comments: