Thursday, January 24, 2013

Holy Toledo!














During Christmas break my friend and I took a day trip to Toledo. It's a city about an hour south of Madrid that I had been wanting to visit for a long time, and at about 10 euros for a round trip bus ticket it's the perfect day trip! And I fell in love with Toledo! It's a really really realllllly old city that has a lot of historical significance. It was once the capital of the Spanish Empire and a place where Christians, Muslims, and Jews all coexisted (hence the expression, holy Toledo). It has this amazing medieval feel and is also famous for sword making. My friend works with a guy who is from Toledo and he graciously offered to be our personal tour guide! We spent the day wandering up and down the streets, stopping for food and drinks, took a beautiful walk along the river, and ended the day watching an incredible sunset. I will definitely be going back to Toledo!

1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...

can't wait to get there for a day one of these weekends