Thursday, November 15, 2012

word.

finally got a hair cut!

Well, today's haircut was long overdue. It hadn't been cut since the beginning of April when I had a not so great experience and I've been scared to cut my hair since then. The problem I was having is that there are like 2 haircutting places on every block, but the nice salons were crazy expensive. I was also terrified to trying to explain what I wanted in Spanish. My new roommates told me to go to the place they all go (which is a nice salon) and they have really good specials. So I had a nice salon experience for 26 euros. Even though the guy who cut my hair spoke English I did some research last night so I'd have a better idea of what to say if I needed to speak in Spanish.


new words/phrases
1- mechas = highlights
2- las puntas = the ends, so if you just want a trim, solo las puntas
3- capas = layers. cortado a capas (cut in layers)
4- plancha = flat iron
5- flequillo = bangs


2 comments:

Cara said...

Puntas is kind of close to Puta. Just sayin :) Love you and miss you so so much. I really like your new hurr.

beth.vangoethem said...

you so pretty!