Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Paris via my iphone

I know you've all been eagerly awaiting pics from my trip to Paris last weekend and I apologize that I didn't get them up sooner. Things have been a little crazy over here in Madrid so blogging kind of fell to the wayside. Soooo about Paris. It was AMAZING! I spent one day there back in March, but even before we left the city I knew one day wasn't going to be enough, and I'd been dreaming about going back for a longer trip ever since. Long story short, a friend of mine had bought a plane ticket over the summer when they were having crazy sales and had been pestering me about going with him. About the second week of October I picked up an intensive 5 day English class that paid quite well so I figured, why not?! It was an impulsive purchase but one I'm so glad I made. The hostel we stayed at left a lot to be desired (you aren't allowed to bring in your own adult beverages, the common area closed at midnight, no one was friendly), but we weren't expecting much. If anything the beds were comfortable, the shower was hot, and we had an incredible view of the Sacre Coeur from our street. We also got so lucky with the weather! Friday was cloudy but didn't start raining until about 6pm, Saturday was sunny but cold, and Sunday was gorgeous. We spent most of our time wandering around and walking up and down the streets. It was the perfect Paris trip! Unfortunately I only have one day of pictures on my real camera, because my batteries died and I didn't have any extras, but I used Instagram to snaz up these pictures :)

sacre coeur from our hostel


louvre


<3 america



beautiful sunny saturday

heaven


And happy election day to all my American readers! Rock the vote today!

1 comment:

beth.vangoethem said...

Jealous! So pretty there!

Also, your hair is getting so long and beautiful! love it!