Tuesday, November 20, 2012

pumpkin bread

Today has been a pretty good day, despite the fog and gloom. I had some great classes, one of my students gave me a gift (a children's book written in Spanish), I got a birthday card in the mail from a sweet friend from home, AND I made pumpkin bread! My grandmother sent me a ziploc baggie full of pumpkin pie spice about 2 months ago that I've been dying to use, and my roommates have never tried any American pumpkin goodies so it was the perfect time. I also wanted to bring some to my students to prove to them that pumpkin can be a dessert. The two little girls I teach said "ewwww" when I told them about pumpkin pie.  AndI have to say, the bread turned out pretty good! It's basically banana bread but with canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Happy Thanksgiving week! I'm definitely missing home right now.

delicious pumpkin bread

new reading material

                                     



No comments: