Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks


I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true. Two loaves of pumpkin bread and lots of happy students later I've already started my Thanksgiving feasting. Obviously I had to test each loaf... a few times! This is definitely a time when I feel super homesick for my family and friends, and unfortunately tomorrow I'll be teaching until 10pm, but on Friday some friends and I are hosting an ex-pat Thanksgiving for our Spanish friends and roommates. I'm imaging it will be quite the endeavor, since none of us have ever cooked a turkey, but nonetheless I know it'll be a great night of good food with new friends. I have so many things to be thankful that it would take hours to write out a complete list, but here are just a few of first things that come to mind:

My supportive family
My amazing friends from home
My new friends in Spain
My health
My family's health
The opportunity to travel
Waking up every day in Madrid
The ease in which I found work in Madrid and my awesome students who make me enjoy teaching English
The opportunity to learn so much about other cultures first hand

Safe travels to everyone (if you're traveling) and Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Love you and miss you today. May your turkey be yummy. Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you.

beth.vangoethem said...

Love this! And you!