Wednesday, October 17, 2012

homemade granola

The other day I had this really crazy craving for some granola go to in my daily breakfast of greek yogurt, and so far I haven't been able to find anything quite like good 'ole TJ's granola. So, I decided to make some myself. How hard could it be? Well...

oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, raisins, maple syrup, vanilla

chop the almonds -- it's easy. don't believe what it says online

combine... this is where i made a mistake

bake for 20-25 minutes

should be delicious!

It was not so easy. I made the mistake of adding the raisins at the beginning. Did you know that if you bake raisins they will puff up and become dry? And taste like Cheetos made out of charcoal. I also didn't add enough maple syrup and vanilla, so it was pretty bland. But after picking out all the ruined raisins it still makes a nice addition of my breakfast! Next time I will omit the pumpkin seeds and add more dried fruit. 

No comments: