Tuesday, October 23, 2012

homemade banana bread

A few weeks ago I found myself with about 6 overly ripe bananas and a huge craving for banana bread. My grandma makes the best banana bread I've ever eaten in my entire life, but I have to say, mine was pretty dang good too!


I just used a really basic recipe. It's super super super easy.

4 ripe bananas, smashed up
76 grams melted butter
175 grams white sugar
1 beaten egg
1 spoonful of vanilla
1 spoonful of baking soda
pinch of salt
192 grams of flour

Preheat oven to 175 Celsius 
mix butter and bananas
add sugar, egg, and vanilla
add salt and baking soda
add flour
pour into a buttered loaf pan and bake for 1 hour!

*Yes, I know these are in metric system measurements. I've had to get used to them. I don't own a measuring cup and I'm pretty sure they are impossible to find here.

No comments: