Friday, June 8, 2012

Jessie's first day in Madrid

Jessie flew into Madrid on a Sunday, the third day of San Isidro. I met her at the airport and the first place we went was a super-swanky rooftop bar in Chueca, a very hip barrio next to mine. I felt like I was at an exclusive pool club in Vegas and the views were incredible (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures)! We enjoyed a bit overpriced wonderfully refreshing tinto de verano and then headed somewhere a little more affordable to have tapas.


Our next stop was the Mercado de San Miguel, a true favorite of mine. It was pretty packed given that it was Sunday afternoon, but I just love the ambiance.






We strolled down by the palace to let the 1000 olives we'd just eaten settle and caught the end of a concert in honor of San Isidro. It might have been a Sunday night, but it's Madrid. And they know how to party. I couldn't believe how packed the plaza was.

royal palace

almudena cathedral




I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm planning on relaxing, catching up on sleep, and reading in the park.

1 comment:

Cara said...

OOOO great pictures!