Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend snaps

It's been pretty cold since I got to Madrid, but this weekend was glorious. On Saturday night I had plans to celebrate a friend's birthday with dinner and drinks, and I spent Saturday afternoon napping on a park bench in the sun. It was finally a day where a t-shirt and jeans was sufficient.

view of the mountains from Parque del Oeste
the Palace and Catherdral

I was in Parque del Oeste, which is home to the Templo de Debod, a gift from Egypt. 


I also walked through the Plaza de EspaƱa, which was full of people enjoying the sunshine.




This week and next weekend is also supposed to be warmer, so I foresee lots of afternoons in the park!

ps- I know my updates have been rather infrequent, but I don't have internet in my flat yet so it makes blogging difficult. I promise as soon as I'm re-connected on a regular basis I'll be better (although I'm quite enjoying being disconnected at times)

proof that I'm alive. and check out that awesome wallpaper in my room. (sarcasm)


No comments: