Thursday, February 23, 2012

One Step at a Time

The other day I decided that I'd had a long enough break from intentional exercise. A few friends back home are training for marathons and half marathons and it made me feel quite lazy. I also packed gym shoes so I figured I should use them. I couldn't have picked a better day to get back on track; it was about 55 degrees out and not a cloud in the sky. I walked about 20 minutes over to Retiro Park and there were so many other runner, joggers, and walkers it was impossible not to be motivated. I did stop to take a few lot of photos, so I'm not sure if I was actually that productive. These photos were also taken with my iPhone, so I apologize for the less than stellar quality.





there are so many people playing music here


such a romantic place



i don't know this girl, she just wouldn't move
Retiro is a HUGE park. I ran for about 30 minutes in the park and I don't think I even covered half of it. Apparently there is an area with peacocks, that's on my list of things to find! I can't wait til the weather is even warmer and I can take a blanket and a bottle of wine and enjoy the sunshine.

2 comments:

Cara said...

love love.
half marathon training is not going so bueno. i'm kind of dying. while liz is over here running like 13 miles on saturday mornings.

Mallory said...

So beautiful!! I'm worried you're never going to come home ;)
xoxo