Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving in Spain

Ok, I know I'm a little late on this post, but better late than never! And to be fair, Thanksgiving is kind of still happening here at my house. We still have some pumpkin bread! I celebrated Thanksgiving last Friday with my 2 American friends, 2 British guys, 1 Brazilian girl, and 8 Spaniards. I honestly don't know how people prepare entire Thanksgivings by themselves, because just the turkey and two pumpkin pies took me all day. Oh and also a batch of funfetti cupcakes, courtesy of my friend Jessie who visited in May! In true Spanish style, Thanksgiving dinner started around 11:30pm and lasted until about 3am. It was so fun and rewarding, and I feel so lucky that I was able to share such a special American holiday with my Spanish roommates and friends. The turkey turned out delicious and the pumpkin pie was unanimously everyone's favorite! It would appear that I'm not as hopeless a cook as I once thought. I wish I could share more pictures of this (although I guess the turkey is the most important part of Thanksgiving), but right now I'm battling it out with Picassa... blogger says I've reached my upload limit.






1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...

funfetti!! lucky girl!