Tuesday, May 22, 2012

chocolate con churros

I've always been a fan of churros, but here in Spain they really love them. Churros are served for breakfast. With a cup of thick dark chocolate. I have to be honest, I'd only had chocolate con churros one time since moving to Spain. Enter: Chocolatería San Ginés. It's a Madrid staple that's been open since 1894 and is open almost 24 hours a day (I think it closes from 7am - 9:30am). All the guide books rave about this place, and since I'd never been I figured having Jessie in town was a perfect excuse! Last Thursday we walked into the heart of the tourist district and had ourselves a mid-morning snack. And we may or may not have stopped in again at 5am on Saturday morning on our way home...




i don't know why i look so angry

chocolate con churros!


My verdict: eh. Definitely not bad, but I can think of other sweet things I'd rather snack on. The chocolate is a bit bitter and the churros are a bit plain. But, it's still worth a trip, as it's located in a great alley for people watching. 

2 comments:

beth.vangoethem said...

NOM NOM NOM!!!

Taryn said...

OOOMMMMMGGGG you know how jealous i am right now. how dare you give them an "eh"